An 88th minute goal from Egypt's Al Ahly knocked the Seattle Sounders out of the Club World Cup. The Sounders definitely looked rusty in their pre-season form compared to the Egyptians who are in mid-season. The goal came off a turnover deep in the Seattle half, rebounded off the crossbar, and fell to the attacking side who’s shot deflected into the goal.
- Preseason results from around MLS
- The Professional Referee Organization has a new general manager. Veteran referee Mark Geiger has been named to head PRO, replacing Howard Webb, who departed at the end of last season to head a new referee organization in England.
- Numerous teams around the world now boast players from the United States, and after the latest transfer window, Leeds United in the EPL leads the list with four.
- Until today, that list included Jesse Marsch, but he was fired today as Leeds United coach.
- With the She Believes Cup tournament set to start in less than 2 weeks, injuries have started to mount for the NWSL.
- US Soccer has lost another high-level manager, as Earnie Stewart has left the position of sporting director to take a position with PSV Eindhoven in the Netherlands. He follows Brian McBride who left the role as General Manager of the U.S. Men's National Team last month.
- Lionel Messi’s contract with Paris Saint-Germain expires this summer, and teams have started lining up offers to sign him. PSG is top of the list to offer a new contract, but Barcelona and Inter Miami have been rumored to have made strong offers.
- Harry Kane netted his 267th goal for Tottenham Hotspur to become their top all-time scorer. He's now 60 goals away from the EPL’s goal-scoring record.